Create a database backup schedule and automatically backup a MySQL or MSSQL database. Backups are secure and automated. Follow the steps below to schedule automatic backups:
IMPORTANT: Our external IP addresses for backups is 188.8.131.52 - You may have to update your firewall settings to whitelist/authorize our IP, before you setup the connection. For more help see Allow Remote IP Connections.
- From the WebsiteBackupBot.com menu, click the "Login" link and login to your account.
- From the Portal navigation, click "Add Database Backup". The "Add a New Database" page displays.
- Enter the database connection information. This is generally the user login info for the database (found in your cPanel database section).
- Add a schedule for the automatic backup to run (1-30 ; days, weeks, months) and select when you want the backup file automatically deleted (30, 60, 90 days, or Never).
- To add additional automatic schedules for the same website, click the "Add Backup Row" link and add the frequency you want the backup to occur. (Not required)
- Click the "Add a Database" button to save the automatica backup plan.
Note: If you enter the wrong login information, you will get a connection error and have to correct it before saving.