Website backups can easily be restored using Website Backup Bot! You may restore an entire backup or only restore specific files or folders. Depending on the size of your backup file, the restore may take several hours. To restore a website backup, follow the steps below:
Note: A restore will overwrite existing website files that have the same file name. It will not overwrite files that are NOT in the backup.
- From the WebsiteBackupBot.com menu, click the "Login" link and login to your account.
- The Portal "Dashboard" page appears upon account login (if not, from the Portal menu, click "Dashboard"). Within the "Dashboard" page, all of your backup projects/websites are displayed.
- Locate the project/website you wish to restore and click the "View Backups" button next to it.
- The "View Backups" page appears and displays all of the backup files available to restore. Click the button next to "View/Restore".
- The "Website Restore Screen" page appears and displays all of the individually files available to restore. Place a check mark next to each file that is intended for restoration along with a check mark next the acknowledgement statement.
Note: You can click the "Change Backup Date" if the file you are searching for isn't available within the backuip selected or a different backup date is required for whatever reason.
- Once ready, click the "Restore" button.
- The "Confirm Restore" button appears. Click the "Confirm Restore" button.
- The "View Backups" page appears and displays green text indicating that the restore is in progress. An email is sent to the email address on file once the restoration is complete.